Example: (click the 'menu maker' link to change appearance, content and size of the example)
What can this menu do for you?
» This is a hyperlinkable news scroller or text scroller, suitable for use as a navigation bar down the side of your page.
» Messages of your choice display one after the other, and each message can be hyperlinked as a menu item. You can also use the menu without hyperlinks to display information.
» Rollover effect. When you move the mouse over the menu, the display pauses and the text becomes underlined.
» Mobile theme. The Mobile design has strong effects with cut-away menu items rather than buttons. The main menu area consists of a dark horizontally striated area with rounded corners. The menu items are white cut-aways, rounded at the corners, and with a shadow to emphasize how the menu items are recessed. Different menu types are categorised into themes, so you can obtain a variety of matching menus. Click here to see all the menus which match this theme.
» Colour scheme. You can change the colour scheme of the menu.
Here is the extra information you requested about colours.
» Fonts and text formatting. The menu supports true-type fonts and you can format text colour, size, weight and alignment.
- For menus with gradients and graphical effects, the applet interprets a simple colour request by the user and generates all the extra colours necessary.
- Click the 'menu maker' link with the magic wand at the top of the page to reveal an online configurator to experiment with menu colours live.
Here is the extra information you requested about fonts and text formatting.
» Layout and line-wrapping. This menu features automated layout. Automated layout means that the menu adapts itself to the content you enter into it. For example, buttons and menu items will be automatically sized and the thematic elements recalculated to fit precisely.
- True-type fonts. Any kind of font which you can display in HTML will also display in the applet (except in very old browsers).
- The demonstration above randomly switches between Verdana and Comic Sans, but you can reconfigure the demonstration live to experiment with your own fonts.
- Colour states. You can define colours for up to three text states, which are normally standard, rollover and active/pressed. So, for example, the text can change colour when the mouse moves onto it, or when the mouse button is clicked. The function of the third colour set may vary with some menu types.
- Alignment. You can align the text left, right or centre.
- Text size and weight. You can give the text almost any size. 'Weight' means you make it 'bold' or 'not bold'.
- Click the 'menu maker' link with the magic wand at the top of the page to reveal an online configurator to experiment with fonts and text live.
Here is the extra information you requested about layout and line-wrapping.
» Hyperlinks. Every menu item can have hyperlinks attached.
- This menu supports line-wrapping. If your text is too long to fit onto one line, it will be wrapped, and the button or menu item height will be automatically increased to make extra space.
- You can also force line-breaks instead of relying on automatic wrapping. Click here to find out how to insert line-breaks.
Here is the extra information you requested about hyperlinks.
- Hyperlinks can be relative or absolute, so you can link both to your site and to other sites.
- If you are using frames, you can target hyperlinks to any frame of your choice.
- You can attach any number of hyperlinks to a menu item, so if you are using a complex set of frames, you can change any or all of the frames.
- Just like HTML hyperlinks, the menu understands special frame targets like '_top', '_blank', etc.
- 'mailto://' hyperlinks work.
- Click here to find out how to attach hyperlinks to your menu items.
Here is the extra information you requested about scripts.
» Capacity. This menu supports up to 50 menu items, including submenu items (if available). For greater capacity, or for menus created dynamically or from databases, try the Big Happy Menus variation.
- Click here to find out how to attach scripts to your menu items.
» Tools. An online visual configuration tool is available. Just click menu maker. It can be used to edit the size, appearance and content of your menu.
» Sound effects. The menu can trigger sounds of your choice.
» Custom solutions based on this menu are also available.
» Help. Here is a help page with more information. If you would like to open up ALL the hidden extra information sections on this page simultaneously, then click here.
More Happy Scroller Menus
More Happy Mobile Menus